Frequently asked questions about orders and procurement invoices
- What laws and regulations do I have to observe when placing orders and making purchases?
- Which procurement contracts arising from a European tender do I have to adhere to?
- What order information should I give to the supplier?
- What should I do if an original invoice has been sent directly to me by mistake?
- What is the new process for invoice approval?
- How can I find out about the status of an invoice?
- When should I use the purchasing application? (This only applies to the Faculty of Science)
- Where should I apply for my ULCN password?
- How do I file a payment request?
For information regarding the regulations in force with respect to planned orders and procurement activities (procurement procedures, procurement projects, European tenders), see the Procurement web pages (only available in Dutch).
For information regarding the regulations in force with respect to planned orders and procurement activities (procurement procedures, procurement projects, European tenders), as well as information regarding procurement contracts resulting from a European tender, see the Procurement web pages (only available in Dutch).
When placing an order, you should provide the supplier with the following information:
- Billing address of the University:
t.a.v. Financieel Shared Service Centre (FSSC)
2300 RA Leiden
- The 10-digit SAP order number
- The name of the contact person for the relevant order
- In the case of an international order: the University’s VAT identification number.
Use the VAT identification number NL 001935549B01 in case of a supplier within
the EU; in case of a supplier outside the EU, use the VAT identification
number NL 809778282B01.
This information must appear on the invoice of the supplier. If it is missing, you run the risk that the invoice will not be paid before the deadline or that it will not be processed at all, but will instead be returned to the creditor. If in the context of a particular (possibly continuous) assignment, the supplier does not have at his disposal the above-mentioned information, he or she will contact you to obtain it.
Write the SAP number and the name of the contact person on the original invoice from the supplier and send a scan of this invoice to the Financial Shared Service Centre (FSSC); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If there are invoices ready for you to approve, you will receive an email indicating this at the end of the working day. The email message will contain a link to the Self Service module, where the budget holder can view and approve invoices.
Instruction for approval of digital invoices (pdf)
The status of invoices can be tracked via your Self Service module. For additional information about a specific invoice you can call the FSSC Service Desk on extension 5555. Or send an email to email@example.com.
Processing will be speeded up if you can provide the following information:
- Name of the supplier
- Invoice number
You should use the purchasing application for ordering goods and for reporting receipt of goods. Once the goods have been received, the invoice will automatically be paid, if the invoice price does not differ from the order price by more than 5%. If the invoice price is more than 5% higher than the order price, the invoice will be sent to the budget holder for assessment.
Please contact the IT helpdesk ISSC, on extension number 8888.