Leaving the University

Expiry of fixed-term contract

If you have a fixed-term contract, it legally ends after the term for which it was entered. Three months before your contract is to expire you will receive a letter about this.

Termination of contract due to incapacity for work

If you are ill for an uninterrupted period of 21 months, a procedure can be started after 24 months of illness to dismiss you due to prolonged incapacity for work. This procedure is based on the ZANU Regulations (Illness and Incapacity Regulations for Dutch Universities).

Resigning from the University

If you resign from the University, a notice period applies. You should also be aware that you do not have the right to statutory unemployment benefits (WW benefit) or non-statutory unemployment benefits (BWNU benefit) if you resign yourself.

Leaving due to a reorganisation

Upon completion of a reorganisation it may become clear that there is no room for you in the new organisation. If this is the case you then become a redeployment candidate.