P&O News 21 June 2016
- One-off payment for staff who joined the university after 1 September 2015
- New ICLON training courses autumn 2016
In the 2015 Implementation agreement on salaries for the higher education sector, the parties to the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) have determined that a particular group of staff will receive a one-off payment in June 2016.
Who will receive the one-off payment?
Staff who joined the university after 1 September 2015 and who are still employed on 1 June 2016 will receive the payment agreed in the CAO NU of €350 for a full-time appointment. The payment will be paid on a pro-rata basis according to the contracted working hours.
Who will not receive the payment?
Staff who were already employed on 1 Septemver 21015 received a one-off payment in December 2015 of €500 gross for a full-time appointment. Student assistants, staff in youth scales, employees on a minimum youth wage and SOM trainees will not receive the one-off payment.
ICLON is offering training courses for teaching staff who want to find out more about a range of didactic subjects or who need support while acquiring their Basic Teaching Qualification.
- Designing a teaching course (improved, now with individual supervision)
- Giving lectures and tutorials (new)
- Blended Learning
- Tests and assessments (improved, now with individual supervision)
- Supervising theses
- Workshop on Blackboard or advanced users (improved)
For PhD candidates and student assistants:
- Starting course on basic teaching skills
- Blackboard for advanced users, in-depth courses
In-depth courses (free for staff of Leiden University and the LUMC):
Inclusive education: reaching all your students
This course focuses on involving all your students in your teaching.
Making and using video clips for educational purposes
This practical course teaches you how to broaden the video material you use in your teaching. The course starts on 5 September and consists of three sessions.
More information and how to register
ICLON training courses