P&O News 1 November 2016
Code of Conduct on Integrity in effect from 1 November 2016 ● Due to high demand, extra course for members and new members of Boards of Examiners ● Places still available for various didactics courses
- Code of Conduct on Integrity in effect from 1 November 2016
- Due to high demand, extra course for members and new members of Boards of Examiners
- Places still available for didactics courses
The Executive Board attaches great importance to integrity in the broadest sense: in science, in management and in how we conduct our business. The Leiden University Code of Conduct on Integrity 2016 brings together the most important stipulations in the area of integrity in a clear and concise format. This makes it easier to access the diverse regulations on integrity.
Code of Conduct on Integrity
Are you a member of a Board of Examiners and would you like to be able to manage your tasks and responsibilities better? If so, you can take this course for members and new members of Boards of Examiners.
After following this course:
- you know what the responsibilities are of the Boards of Examiners and other parties involved;
- you are aware of the most relevant regulations relating to Boards of Examiners;
- you are able to advise lecturers on how to set good quality tests;
- you know what tasks fall under the Board of Examiners and cannot be mandated to another party;
- you have learned to assess the quality of your exam programme;
- you are equipped to assess whether the final grades of theses have been reached in a transparent way within your department.
|Starting date||: 16 January 2017|
|No of days||: 3|
|Costs||: free for lecturers at Leiden University, €300 for external participants|
This course has been offered in past years and has Always received very positive reactions. The course is an initiative of ICLON, Academic Affairs and Legal Affairs.
There are still a few places available for the following courses this autumn:
- Testing and assessing (14 November) (in Dutch)
- Cultural Awareness in Teaching and Learning (15 November)
- Starting course for PhD candidates and student assistants (7 December) (in Dutch)
- Tips & tricks for organising peer feedback (12 December)